A LifeVest wearable cardioverter defibrillator ( WCD) for patients with risk of sudden cardiac death is now available from a company called ZOLL. This device could be the difference between life and death in high-risk patients.
The vest has a 98% treatment success rate and a low rate of mistreatment.
From the Zoll site:
LifeVest Consists of a Garment, an Electrode Belt, and a Monitor
- Worn under your normal clothing, directly against skin
- Includes the electrode belt
2. Electrode Belt
- Detects when heart rate has gone into a dangerous rhythm
- Delivers a treatment shock
- Worn around waist or with shoulder strap
- Continuously records heart rate
Check out more below: