Current opening: Software Systems Engineer
We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior Wearable Systems software engineer for a permanent full-time position. This is an opportunity for hands-on development with the latest wearable technologies and to lead & coordinate a team of IT professionals/students in the development of integrated information systems, process control, AI/ML and other embedded software control systems. The ideal candidate is proactive, works independently, and has excellent communication and storytelling (user experience) skills: the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale. The candidate should also exhibit knowledge in a range of technology, and a demonstrated interest in learning more. An understanding of medical/paramedicine is a plus. RTeng.Pro is a small company and as our software engineer you must be versatile enough to handle a bit of everything, from Web-site upkeep & design to interfacing with current and potential clients. You will also be a mentor to junior members & build teams.
The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and police records check.
Location: National Capital Region
- Apply design-first methodologies: collecting and documenting user requirements to develop logical and physical specifications.
- Research, evaluate, and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including:
- Evaluate new technologies to improve our products.
- Focus on doing better for our customers.
- Identify ways to improve.
- Embedded software trends.
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs.
- Plan, design, and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems.
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software.
- Define all details of a project in an organized manner as well as estimate levels of effort.
- Other duties related to software development, training, marketing and maintenance as required.
What we are looking for
- Degree in Engineering/Computer-Science and 4+ years of experience working in full-stack development.
- Experience developing front-end and back-end software solutions in an embedded environment.
- Knowledge of a variety of systems, and programming environments including:
- Android wearables, phone and tablet applications (Java/Kotin).
- Tizen (native C).
- Python & C/C++ on linux platforms.
- Development environments such as Eclipse, MS Development Studio, Android Studio, IntelliJ.
- Software configuration management tools in particular Git.
- Software debugging tools like GDB for local and remote processes.
- In depth understanding of embedded & real time devices that require efficient use of resources.
- Understanding & ability to design UX – User interfaces and user experience and workflows:
- Workflow, interface, design, and usability of our platform.
- Inter-process communications (including efficiency & security).
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Experience in the following is an asset
- Knowledge of the limitations of sensor systems, and skills in harvesting data from IoT devices and making sense out of it.
- Experience working with embedded technologies such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- Hands on knowledge of software development tools such as JIRA, Redmine, KanBoard.
- Working knowledge of software and systems test methodologies.
- Requirements development and management.
- Interested candidates please send your Resume/CV and covering letter to: email@example.com .